Colorado Votes 2020
Colorado stories related to the 2020 election
More than 90% of local tax measures for Colorado schools won voter support in Tuesday’s election.
Colorado’s Amendment B repealed the Gallagher Amendment in an effort to head off a fiscal crisis for schools.
In two of three races for the Colorado State Board of Education, Democrats were leading challengers
The passage of Denver measures 4A and 4B will fund teacher pay raises, air conditioning, and a comprehensive high school in far northeast Denver,
Colorado voters approved a nicotine tax Tuesday that will eventually fund universal preschool for 4-year-olds statewide.
If Amendment B passes, it wouldn’t solve many of the problems in Colorado’s school finance system, but it would spare districts from steep budget cuts next year.
Proposition EE on the Colorado ballot would raise cigarette taxes and put new taxes on vaping products. The revenue would fund preschool efforts, among other uses.
Three seats on the seven-member State Board of Education are up for election. Learn more about the candidates here.
The 2020 CU Board of Regents election could determine partisan control of the board overseeing the University of Colorado system
Other projects that would be funded include renovating or rebuilding a comprehensive high school in the Montbello neighborhood.
If you value Chalkbeat, consider making a donation
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom dedicated to providing the information families and educators need, but this kind of work isn’t possible without your help.
Find your next education job.
- KIPP Memphis Public Schools: KIPP Memphis 2022-23 Licensed High School STEM Teacher $13,000 Signing Bonus!
- KIPP Memphis Public Schools: KIPP Memphis 2022-23 Licensed Secondary Science Teachers $13,000 Signing Bonus!
- KIPP Memphis Public Schools: KIPP Memphis 2022-23 Licensed Secondary Math Teachers $13,000 Signing Bonus!
- KIPP Memphis Public Schools: KIPP Memphis 2022-23 Licensed Elementary and Secondary SPED Teachers $13,000 Signing Bonus!
- Elizabeth Schools: High School Physics/Physical Science Teacher