It’s Teacher Appreciation Week. To celebrate, the Colorado Department of Education and Colorado Education Initiative launched a social media campaign #thankateacherCO. Here are some tweets that caught our eye.
Next Up In Teaching & Classroom
- What driving in New England taught me about building a robust classroom culture
- from Chalkbeat National Tutors wanted: Inside the nationwide sprint to build big new programs to catch students up
- from Chalkbeat Detroit Report: Pandemic ‘wreaked havoc’ in Michigan’s lowest performing schools but didn’t deter teachers
- from Chalkbeat Chicago Some Chicago schools in high-poverty areas lost 1 in 7 teachers to layoffs
- from Chalkbeat National Stress and short tempers: Schools struggle with behavior as students return
- from Chalkbeat National Still hiring: Teacher vacancies up as year begins, limiting recovery plans
Sign up for the newsletter Chalkbeat Colorado
Sign up for our newsletter.
The COVID-19 outbreak is changing our daily reality
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom dedicated to providing the information families and educators need, but this kind of work isn't possible without your help.
Connect with your community
Find upcoming Colorado events
- Sep 28 – Effective Mentoring and Coaching
- Oct 9 – Colorado Middle Grades Conference – CAMLE 2021 (Hybrid!)
- Oct 12 – Info session: MA in Leadership for Educational Organizations: Leading Change for Student Success in Higher Education 3
- Oct 25 – Compassion and Dignity: A Conversation with His Holiness the Dalai Lama and Educators Presented by the Crown Institute and the Compassion Institute
- Nov 4 – Evening to Elevate Educators