The recent release of Colorado PRE-12 enrollment for 2013-14 (details in this story) prompted the folks at the Colorado School Finance Project to dig a little deeper into the details of student demographics, and they came up with some interesting information.
Here are links to what they calculated:
- Growth has slowed in students eligible for free and reduced meals
- The number of homeless students up dramatically since 2005
- A look at changes in numbers of English language learners compared to funding
- Trends on gifted and talented enrollment (growth has slowed) and funding (it’s declined)
- Combination chart tracking free lunch, special education, ELL and gifted
- One-page summary