- The governor’s Education Leadership Council said the campaign for a new tax for education will need a clear message to voters. EdNews Colorado
- The deadline for turning in petitions to get the tax measure on the ballot is Monday. KDVR
- Boulder Valley schools are using a summer program for incoming kindergartners as a way to also train teachers. Daily Camera
- Schools across the state are preparing to implement new teacher evaluations this year. AP via the Coloradoan
- The chancellor of the University of Colorado is part of a group of university leaders warning that sequestration could lead to an “innovation deficit” because of cuts to research. Daily Camera
- Florida’s education commissioner resigned amid reports that as education chief in Indiana he changed a school’s grade for political reasons. New York Times
Rise & Shine
Each weekday morning, we search websites of various media, comb through RSS feeds and peruse Google alerts to bring you a roundup of the day’s top education headlines, in Colorado and across the country, by 8 a.m. If you’d like to suggest a story we’ve missed or a source we should add to the list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.