- The State Board of Education approved guidelines for a new “endorsed” diploma. EdNews Colorado
- The campaign for the education tax ballot measure kicked off with an emphasis on preparing students for future economic growth. EdNews Colorado
- A Milliken principal whose test scores were invalidated this week over tampering questions resigned. 9News
- Boulder teachers started their school year with professional development days. Daily Camera
- St. Vrain leads large districts in academic growth in middle schools, but needs to improve growth in math. Longmont Times-Call
- Estes Park schools have 10 new teachers starting. Trail Gazette
- A Fort Collins school boasts the highest ACT score average in the state. Coloradoan
- As Common Core standards have rolled out in more states, criticism has increased. New York Times
- Philadelphia schools will open on time after the city borrowed $50 million. New York Times
- The U.S. Department of Education warned three states that they could lose their NCLB waivers if they don’t implement new teacher evaluations. Wall Street Journal
- Editorial: The Pueblo Chieftain says this week’s test score release tells the same old story about stagnating education.
Rise & Shine
Each weekday morning, we search websites of various media, comb through RSS feeds and peruse Google alerts to bring you a roundup of the day’s top education headlines, in Colorado and across the country, by 8 a.m. If you’d like to suggest a story we’ve missed or a source we should add to the list, please email us at email@example.com.