- State test scores were essentially flat, though achievement gaps narrowed very slightly. EdNews Colorado
- Look up your school and district’s scores and growth measures in our searchable databases.
- Opponents of Common Core standards picketed the State Board of Education. EdNews Colorado
- The campaign to pass a $950 million tax measure will launch in earnest today. AP
- Milliken Elementary School’s scores were declared invalid because of alleged test tampering. Greeley Tribune
- The Littleton school board seems poised to put an $80 million bond issue on the November ballot. Our Colorado News
- Officials in Aurora schools are participating in active shooter drills. KDVR
- As the Littleton school year starts, schools are focusing on science instruction. Our Colorado News
- New York City is issuing scorecards for teacher preparation programs. New York Times
- New research suggests that children with early exposure to lead are more likely to be suspended from school. USA Today
Rise & Shine
Each weekday morning, we search websites of various media, comb through RSS feeds and peruse Google alerts to bring you a roundup of the day’s top education headlines, in Colorado and across the country, by 8 a.m. If you’d like to suggest a story we’ve missed or a source we should add to the list, please email us at email@example.com.