- The signature-gathering effort to get the K-12 tax measure on the ballot seems to be low-key. EdNews EdWire
- St. Vrain’s schools chief as named national Superintendent of the Year. Denver Post
- Colorado schools will begin integrating financial literacy lessons into other coursework. Denver Post
- A group of Teach for America alumni and current corps members are launching a campaign against the organization. American Prospect
- Chicago is making schools turn over money made from leasing rooftops to cellular towers. Chicago Sun-Times
Rise & Shine
Each weekday morning, we search websites of various media, comb through RSS feeds and peruse Google alerts to bring you a roundup of the day’s top education headlines, in Colorado and across the country, by 8 a.m. If you’d like to suggest a story we’ve missed or a source we should add to the list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.