- DPS will use a $10 million grant from the Gates Foundation to help expand its LEAP evaluation system. EdNews Colorado
- The KIPP network is seeing the benefits of its recruiting deals with higher education institutions. Washington Post
- The Rosetta Stone language learning program is wading into the ed tech market. Wall Street Journal
- Teach for America clarified that its corps members will not replace laid off teachers in Chicago. HuffPo
- Editorial: The Denver Post argues that the closure of Colorado’s prepaid tuition fund shows that higher education costs have gotten out of hand.
Rise & Shine
Each weekday morning, we search websites of various media, comb through RSS feeds and peruse Google alerts to bring you a roundup of the day’s top education headlines, in Colorado and across the country, by 8 a.m. If you’d like to suggest a story we’ve missed or a source we should add to the list, please email us at email@example.com.