- High school parents and sports coaches are seeking more education for student athletes about the dangers of prescription drug abuse. Coloradoan
- Gov. John Hickenlooper’s slow decision about whether he would support a tax hike for education frustrated critics and supporters. Denver Post
- A growing number of high schools, including Boulder High, are licensing apparel to be sold in retail stores. Daily Camera
- Parents at a Thornton middle school are questioning a school supply list that requires students to bring 96 pencils. 9News
- The bipartisan spirit that flourished around education policy under President George Bush has disappeared. New York Times
- A visit to a Maryland Common Core training session for teachers. NPR
Rise & Shine
Each weekday morning, we search websites of various media, comb through RSS feeds and peruse Google alerts to bring you a roundup of the day’s top education headlines, in Colorado and across the country, by 8 a.m. If you’d like to suggest a story we’ve missed or a source we should add to the list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.