- The Colorado League of Charter Schools is seeing some staff cutbacks. EdNews EdWire
- Community College of Aurora President Alton Scales resigned, two weeks shy of his first anniversary on the job. Aurora Sentinel
- An assistant superintendent in Colorado Springs is one of two finalists for the top job in Ann Arbor’s schools. AnnArbor.com
- A University of Denver professor filed a gender wage discrimination suit against the school. Denver Post
- The California Board of Education is weighing new science standards that would stress experimentation over memorization. L.A. Times
- A U.S. Education Department panel says that two testing consortia developing new exams need to do a better job making sure their tests are accessible to students learning English and those with disabilities. EdWeek
- Editorial: The Daily Camera says that St. Vrain’s Superintendent of the Year award is an affirmation of Don Haddad’s accomplishments.
Rise & Shine
Each weekday morning, we search websites of various media, comb through RSS feeds and peruse Google alerts to bring you a roundup of the day’s top education headlines, in Colorado and across the country, by 8 a.m. If you’d like to suggest a story we’ve missed or a source we should add to the list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.