- Douglas County officials proposed a budget that would give teachers a raise and boost per-student spending while eliminating some fees. 9News
- Five Boulder students will compete in an international science fair. Daily Camera
- Hundreds of Colorado students participated in Bike to School Day. 9News
- Eagle County School District named three finalists for superintendent. Vail Daily
- Copies of Cherokee Trail High School’s yearbook will be redacted because of a sexual reference in an outgoing senior’s quote. Aurora Sentinel
- The two mayoral candidates in Los Angeles say they support making teacher evaluations public. L.A. Times
Rise & Shine
Each weekday morning, we search websites of various media, comb through RSS feeds and peruse Google alerts to bring you a roundup of the day’s top education headlines, in Colorado and across the country, by 8 a.m. If you’d like to suggest a story we’ve missed or a source we should add to the list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.