The Japan America Society of Colorado will host its Sixth Annual Japan Cup trivia bowl-like competition Saturday at the Sturm Hall at the University of Denver. Japan Cup is held in partnership with Colorado Japanese Language Education Association and Center for World Languages and Cultures.
The goal of the JASC Japan Cup is to offer all interested middle schools, high schools and colleges in Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, and Wyoming an opportunity to experience a competition testing Japanese language and cultural knowledge. (Anime, anyone?)
Teams of students from the following high schools and colleges will answer questions on Japanese language and culture:
- Bear Creek High School, Lakewood
- Boulder High School, Boulder
- Casper College, Casper, Wyoming
- Castle View High School, Castle Rock
- Colorado State University, Fort Collins
- Eaglecrest High School, Centennial
- Kelly Walsh High School, Casper
- Laredo Middle School, Aurora
- Smoky Hill High School, Aurora
- University of Northern Colorado, Greeley
After morning preliminary rounds, the final rounds are open to the public.