- In the final accounting, donations to the losing campaign in favor of Amendment 66 topped $11 million. EdNews Colorado
- The winning candidates in the Douglas County school board races out-fundraised their opponents by three to one. EdNews Colorado
- And the winning slate of candidates in Denver out-raised their opponents by four to one. EdNews Colorado
- With a looming deadline to finish all parts of the GED before the test changes format next year, some test-takers are scrambling. Denver Post
- Leaders of a summer learning program for students in the rural Roaring Fork Valley discuss their particular challenges. Huffington Post
- A burst pipe at Denver’s Teller Elementary damaged some classrooms. 9News
- State Senator Mike Johnston is headed to Richmond, Virginia, to talk education with business leaders there. Richmond Times-Dispatch
- Students at Peak to Peak Charter School raised money for a service trip by pinning administrators to the wall with duct tape. Daily Camera
- For the fourth straight year, the Steamboat Springs School District were recognized by the state as among its best. Steamboat Today
- A St. Vrain student who enrolled in a prestigious arts school is finding the adjustment to the school’s isolated setting challenging. Times-Call
- Tensions between Indiana’s governor and its elected schools chief are running high. New York Times
- For more on that conflict, see continuing coverage by Chalkbeat Indiana.
- Months into a school year marked by students moving to new schools after their campuses were closed, the success of that plan seems unclear. AP via Washington Post
- The American Federation of Teachers is opposing the merger of two hospital systems because of its stock interests in each of them. Wall Street Journal
- An advocate urges policymakers to protect students from marijuana as it is legalized. Denver Post
- The New York Times says the answer to boosting test scores is for schools to make math and science more interesting.
Rise & Shine
Each weekday morning, we search websites of various media, comb through RSS feeds and peruse Google alerts to bring you a roundup of the day’s top education headlines, in Colorado and across the country, by 8 a.m. If you’d like to suggest a story we’ve missed or a source we should add to the list, please email us at email@example.com.