- The Denver teachers union is complaining that George Washington High School’s decision to eliminate three teacher positions was made through an illegal process. EdNews Colorado
- A fact-check calls a pro-Amendment 66 advertisement’s claim that the tax hike will cost a median earner $133 a year fair. 9News
- Denver Public Schools has partnered with the Mexican consulate to do outreach to Spanish-speaking families. Denver Post
- Douglas County police removed protestors wearing Grinch masks from a parent-led rally. Our Colorado News
- Representatives from two proposed charter schools will make their case before the school board in Fort Collins. Coloradoan
- American adults scored below average on an international math and reading test. AP via Denver Post
- Editorial: The Denver Post says that the lawsuit challenging the petitions that got Amendment 66 on the ballot is a low blow.
Rise & Shine
Each weekday morning, we search websites of various media, comb through RSS feeds and peruse Google alerts to bring you a roundup of the day’s top education headlines, in Colorado and across the country, by 8 a.m. If you’d like to suggest a story we’ve missed or a source we should add to the list, please email us at email@example.com.