- Candidates for the Douglas County school board debated merit pay and teacher morale. EdNews Colorado
- School districts are adding thousands to their rolls of homeless students after flooding. EdNews Colorado
- The campaign for Amendment 66 is launching a heavier canvassing campaign. EdNews Colorado
- The pro-tax measure campaign is raising increasingly large sums, but could be harmed by tension over teacher accountability. Colorado Statesman
- Political parties in Eagle County are split on whether to support Amendment 66. Vail Daily
- Pueblo County ranks 21st among the 25 largest counties in the state in terms of child well-being, according to a new report. Pueblo Chieftain
- A Highlands Ranch sixth-grader will experiment making beer in space. Denver Post
- InBloom addresses a real problem for school districts, but privacy concerns have meant that only Colorado, New York and Illinois are using it. New York Times
- School districts are increasingly negotiating not to grant raises because a teacher earns a masters degree. Wall Street Journal
- The Coloradoan editorial board comes out in opposition to Amendment 66.
Rise & Shine
Each weekday morning, we search websites of various media, comb through RSS feeds and peruse Google alerts to bring you a roundup of the day’s top education headlines, in Colorado and across the country, by 8 a.m. If you’d like to suggest a story we’ve missed or a source we should add to the list, please email us at email@example.com.