- The campaign for Amendment 66 lacks the star power and broad coalition that propelled Referendum C to success in 2005. Denver Post
- The Wiggins Board of Education decided not to weigh in on whether it supports Amendment 66. Fort Morgan Times
- And the Douglas County School Board resolved to oppose the tax measure. Our Colorado News
- The federal shutdown has thrown a wrench in some Jefferson County students’ school trip to Washington. 9News
- So far this school year, 260 complaints have been filed with Pennsylvania’s education secretary over budget cuts. Newsworks
- The Denver Post Editorial Board endorses Amendment 66.
- But a retired state senator from Lakewood counters that there are many reasons to oppose the measure. Denver Post
- The head of the Denver teachers union argues that a lack of resources, not poor effectiveness, is the primary reason teachers are forced out of schools. Denver Post
Rise & Shine
Each weekday morning, we search websites of various media, comb through RSS feeds and peruse Google alerts to bring you a roundup of the day’s top education headlines, in Colorado and across the country, by 8 a.m. If you’d like to suggest a story we’ve missed or a source we should add to the list, please email us at email@example.com.