Here is our weekly roundup of interesting posts from education blogs around the country.
- Duncan’s imperial overreach. Rick Hess
- More on overreach. Hess again
- Public employee unions vs. Dem governors. Intercepts
- First year of “Teacherpocalypse” – less that 1% reduction in force. Intercepts
- On treating students, educators like rats in a maze. Ravitch, Bridging Differences
- A different take on the study Ravitch lauds. Joanne Jacobs
- Whatever happened to intrinsic motivation? Failing Schools
- The upside and downside of urban school reform. Larry Cuban
- Choice is not a magic integration bullet. Learning First Alliance
About our First Person series:
First Person is where Chalkbeat features personal essays by educators, students, parents, and others trying to improve public education. Read our submission guidelines here.