Hundreds of parents and students will explore new school options in Far Northeast Denver by riding the bus between 12 school open houses, also giving families a chance to learn how the region’s new expanded transportation system will work next year.
Families will visit as many schools in FNE Denver as they like to learn about the 12 school options, six of which are new to the district and the area. Shuttles run between 10 a.m. and noon Saturday, Jan. 8.
Families can start at any one of the participating schools listed below, and they will ride a school bus to visit additional schools. See the attached flyer with starting bus schedule:
- Collegiate Prep Academy, 5000 Crown Blvd.
- Denver Center for International Studies at Montbello, 5000 Crown Blvd.
- Denver School of Science & Technology: Green Valley Ranch Campus, 4800 Telluride St.
- Farrell B. Howell K-8, 14250 E. Albrook Dr.
- Florida Pitt Waller K-8, 21601 E. 51st Pl.
- High Tech Early College, 4800 Telluride St. (final school location to be determined)
- KIPP at Noel, 5290 Kittredge St. (offering 5th grade only for 2011-2012)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Early College, 19535 E. 46th Ave.
- Northeast Academy Charter School, 4895 Peoria St.
- Omar D. Blair Charter School, 4905 Cathay St.
- Rachel B. Noel Community Arts School, 5290 Kittredge St.
- Vista Academy, 4800 Telluride St.
About our First Person series:
First Person is where Chalkbeat features personal essays by educators, students, parents, and others trying to improve public education. Read our submission guidelines here.