Poor performance in school can be caused by many factors, including vision. Do these symptoms seem familiar in one of your children?
- Avoidance of reading
- Poor handwriting
- Difficulty copying from the board
- Headaches after school
- Skipping lines or words while reading
- Poor reading comprehension
- Fatigue or tired eyes after near work
- Burning, stinging or watery eyes
- Rubbing eyes
- Blurry vision or double vision
- Short attention span
- Using finger to track on page
Dr. Leanna Dudley is an optometrist with special training in children’s vision and vision therapy. She is sponsoring a free workshop on vision and learning, in which she will discuss and demonstrate how vision problems can interfere with the learning process.
The workshop will be held from 7 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 28, at 2301 Ford St., Golden. RSVP to 303-278-2020.
About our First Person series:
First Person is where Chalkbeat features personal essays by educators, students, parents, and others trying to improve public education. Read our submission guidelines here.