Some Boulder Valley students spent a portion of their summers creating books and telling their own unique life stories.
About our First Person series:
First Person is where Chalkbeat features personal essays by educators, students, parents, and others trying to improve public education. Read our submission guidelines here.
Next Up In Teaching & Classroom
- from Chalkbeat Detroit Michigan districts are running out of snow days. What happens now?
- from Chalkbeat National Teachers should normalize asking students for their pronouns
- from Chalkbeat Tennessee Students who were part of Tennessee pre-K program continue to trail peers who weren’t, study shows
- from Chalkbeat National Cardona to educators: ‘I know you’re stretched’
- Colorado’s reading curriculum crackdown advances, districts commit to change
- from Chalkbeat New York NYC to open new school for students with dyslexia, Banks says
Sign up for the newsletter Chalkbeat Colorado
Sign up for our newsletter.
The COVID-19 outbreak is changing our daily reality
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom dedicated to providing the information families and educators need, but this kind of work isn't possible without your help.
Connect with your community
Find upcoming Colorado events